Thursday, August 09, 2012

Product Review: Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer


Today I am going to review Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer. I bought this at CVS Pharmacy a month, month and a half ago because I had run out of my Urban Decay primer and I couldn't get to the mall, so I had to go local. This cost me $12.99, which is $7 less than the Urban Decay primer. This is a repurchase in my book.

The packaging is simple. It's a glass cylindrical bottle with a black pump and a plastic cap. It says Revlon Photoready on the top of the glass underneath five rows of squares that get bigger. It says Perfecting Primer in English, French, and Spanish. This is in 001, which is white. It has 0.91 Fl. OZ, so it has more product than the Urban Decay primer, which is a huge plus. The back of the package has the directions and some company information. This was made in the US using US and Non-US components, so that does make me iffy.


The pump is black and is attached firmly to the top of the bottle. It's just like any other product you may use that has a pump, like lotion or foundation. There's nothing special about it. The only thing about this is that the next day, it gets clogged up, so I get this little clump of product first before getting the liquid. I just warm it up in between my hands and it does melt, so it's not a total waste of product.





This is what the product looks like. It's similar to Urban Decay primer, but it is more oily, so it feels weird. My skin does absorb it quickly. It comes out of the pump just like this, so I don't feel the need to put a lot on my skin. It does have a cooling effect on my skin. Maybe it's just me.

Ingredients:
Dimethicone, Isododecane, Aqua (Water), Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxythanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007). 

No comments:

Post a Comment