Sunday, August 12, 2012

Product Review: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips



Today, I am going to review Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips. You can buy these from any drugstore or Target. I purchased two of these from K-Mart for $12.49 each and I purchased one of these from CVS Pharmacy for $12.99, so the price varies from store to store. The packaging is very simple: a clear plastic square with a hinged lid. There's a pan with five colors ranging from light to dark in each one. Physicians Formula says you can use them as eyeshadow, blush, and bronzer. I agree with the eyeshadow and bronzer, but you would have to be dark to use it as blush. I use the lighter colors as a highlight under my browbone and in the inner corners and the rest how I want.












The three colors I am reviewing today are Waikiki Strip, Vegas Strip, and Miami Strip. Each one has different variations of colors ranging from light to dark. The back of the package features a sticker with a little information, but nothing big. Each Shimmer Strip has 0.3 Oz of product. This was made in Italy and the company is from California. There's no ingredient list nor is there a company website.




This what each of the Shimmer Strips looks like. They each have different colors. The texture of the Shimmer Strips is very smooth and easily to apply and blend. I use the middle one, which is Vegas Strip, when I want a very clean, natural look.



Here's all of them swatched on my arm. They do take a couple of swipes to get a good color, but the darker ones seem to be the most pigmented out of all of them. Vegas Strip, in the middle, is the lightest one out of them all while Waikiki Strip, on the left, is the darkest one. They do apply easily and are not too powdery, which means less of a mess. I do enjoy mixing the colors and making my eyes pop.

Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Water, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Cetyl Dimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Carmine, Yellow 5 Lake.

Thanks for reading!
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment