Saturday, August 11, 2012

Product Review: e.l.f. eyelid primer

Today, I am going to review e.l.f. eyelid primer. I bought this at Target for $1.00 because I had run out of Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer and couldn't get to the mall. This is a whole $18.99 less than the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer and it works just as well.






I have already repurchased this product and this is the new one. I always have backups for when I run out because that's just how I am. The packaging for this is just like every mascara and eyeliner in the drugstore, with a cardboard backing and a plastic top that conforms to the shape of the product. The container itself is plastic the color of the liquid inside. In this case, I have the Sheer color. The cap is the widest part of the container and it's black and the container tapers down so that the bottom is the smallest part. This makes the cap easier to open and hold. This product was made in China, but designed in the USA. They do not test on animals. This has .17 fl OZ of product, which doesn't seem like a lot, but it has lasted a couple of months and there's still some left. This has a full ingredient list and some company info.






Inside the container is a lipgloss like wand ending in a doefoot applicator, which isn't the most hygienic way to apply eyeshadow primer, but it does make it easier and a lot less messier. I apply most of the product on my eyelid and then use my ring finger to put it on the rest of my eye up to the browbone. The tip of the applicator has the most product on it and I use that to apply it on the eyelid. My eyeliner stays all day and my eyeshadow doesn't crease or fade away at all.





The color is close to my skintone, which does help so it's not showing through the eyeshadow. It is creamy and smooth and easy to use. I would recommend this product to girls who are just starting out with makeup and are on a budget.

Ingredients:
Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019).

No comments:

Post a Comment